As a person who lives with and manages autoimmune issues, I can definitely say that the experience is no fun at all. However, If there’s an upside, it’s that I’ve learned so much about how the body works as well as a ton of great information about food, diet, spices, herbs, essential oils, supplements etc., and how they can be so incredibly beneficial for your body.
Today I want to cover just one amazingly powerful spice that I’ve learned about – Turmeric. Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color, and contains compounds called curcuminoids, which have medicinal properties.
This incredible spice is known to fight diseases with its numerous healing properties. I personally use turmeric daily. I add it to my smoothies every morning and it’s been extremely helpful in helping my body fight chronic inflammation.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is an ancient root used for its healing properties and has been traditionally used in Chinese and Indian cultures for centuries. Here is a list of health issues that turmeric might be used for:
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory
- Helps Treat Chronic Inflammation and Pain
- Increases Antioxidant Capacity of the Body
- Cancer Prevention
- Relieves Arthritis
- Controls Diabetes
- Reduces Cholesterol Level
- Immune System Booster
- Heals Wounds
- Natural Antiseptic
- Natural Liver Detoxifier
- Natural Painkiller
- Helps Treat Depression
- Improves the Common Cold
- Relieves Anxiety
- Reduces Skin Redness & Irritation
- Brain Health & Memory
- Helps Heal Wounds
- Treatment of Ulcers
- Add some spice to your food! You can add it to anything. As I mentioned above, I throw turmeric in my smoothies. I also add it to potatoes, soup, cooked veggies, meats, and eggs.
- Use a turmeric supplement, such as the one found here.
- Turmeric Tea – I’ve got a great recipe pinned here.
Turmeric (curcumin) is a great daily addition in helping your body heal, reduce pain, deal with depression… and the list goes on. I’m so glad I started adding turmeric to my daily intake of supplements, herbs, and spices. I truly believe in the power of medicinal herbs and spices as well as essential oils. They’ve had a huge impact of my health, which is why I enjoy sharing my experiences and what I’ve learned with others!!